The Business & Job Resource Center provides materials and services to individuals running a business or seeking to start small businesses as well as individuals exploring careers or seeking jobs.
We serve three main audiences:
- Job Seekers
- People starting small businesses
- People with existing businesses
Services provided include:
- Questions answered in person
- by phone (508) 359-4544
- or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Classes and workshops on job searching, interviewing, and resume writing
- Workshops and talks on Social Media and internet business practices
- Resources for exploring web site development
- Computers for job searching or resume writing
- Computer training to brush up on existing skills or develop new skills in basic applications, social media or office related applications.
Drop in for quick computer help or make an appointment so the librarians can spend more time assisting you to find something, learn something new or explore Mass CIS and other resources available online.
- Free workshops and presentations designed to enhance job hunting skills such as:
- General job hunting strategies
- Resume writing and interviewing skills are offered at selected times throughout the year
- Workshops for people exploring starting businesses or enhancing their existing businesses
The Business Collection
The Business & Job Resource Center collection is available for use during normal Library hours. Online resources are available from home. Users have access to a variety of databases for job and career exploration, and educational information. The general databases also provide opportunities for researching employers through business periodicals and newspapers.
The Resource Center events are located at the library . The Business Resource Collection is integrated into the collection on the lower level of the library.